Stellenbosch is the Western Cape, and indeed South Africa’s, prime tourism destination and the heart of the country’s wine industry.
In 2011 the Stellenbosch Tourism and Information Authority (STI), together with key role players, launched a new, holistic destination brand.
Appropriately named Stellenbosch 360, this ground-breaking initiative creates the opportunity for not only tourism, but business and other stakeholders to take hands and build a better future together.
To build and grow a brand is an exciting process for any business, destination or organisation and is a powerful tool that has the potential to make a significant contribution to the community.
The strategic goals for an inclusive and future-focussed tourism plan for Stellenbosch are:
- To enhance and uphold the national and international reputation of Stellenbosch.
- To build mutually beneficial strategic, operational and thematic partnerships for Stellenbosch.
- To actively market the town to both local and international visitors and to ensure a quality visitor experience.
- To cultivate visitor satisfaction and loyalty by creating a physical environment that is focused on delivering a quality experience.
- To actively assist all stakeholders (attractions, accommodation providers, conferences, businesses and educational institutions) with excellent service delivery, to become highly competitive and to adopt sustainable practices.
- To provide a world-class visitor information service.
- To build a culture of organisational excellence through strategic management, research, development and stakeholder relations.
- To encourage stakeholders to contribute to a sustainable funding model for the Stellenbosch Brand.