Ama Africa Experiences was founded by social entrepreneurs who are passionate about helping local communities and people in South Africa. We provide safe, responsible, high quality Inbound travel experiences to individuals and groups from Overseas. Our programmes include the CARE, SHARE, RARE and DARE Experiences, which include Volunteering in South Africa, Group experiences, Skills sharing and High School exchange programmes amongst others.
We work with internationally recognised partner organisations that belong to international associations such as the World Youth Student and Travel Confederation (WYSTEC), and all our programmes are run in accordance with guidelines set by these organisations. We work closely with disadvantaged communities, projects and institutions in South Africa and try to make a difference in local communities by offering skills training development programmes, therefore stimulating local economies and creating opportunities for people from different cultures. It’s an opportunity to learn from others, respect other cultures and embrace the concept of working together.
We believe that voluntary services help empower local communities by providing support in poverty alleviation, skills training and community development and aim to help improve the quality of life of many local South Africans.
Ama Africa Experiences offers the following:
- CARE EXPERIENCE: Volunteering experiences
- SHARE EXPERIENCE:High School Exchange & Skills sharing
- RARE EXPERIENCE:Themed experiential travel for groups
- DARE EXPERIENCE:Adventure & cultural tour experiences
Our Mission Statement:
- Ama Africa Experiences was established by social entrepreneurs dedicated to a single goal, namely to work together with local communities to make a positive contribution to growth and development of people from all ages and all walks of life in South Africa.
- We do so by facilitating a process whereby local needs are suitably matched with international skills and resources.
- We encourage healthy partnerships and work with international sending organizations who promote our programmes abroad.
- We believe that through the medium of travel and tourism, local communities can benefit from initiatives such as volunteering and skills sharing programmes.
- We incorporate our mission statement into everything we do, from how we work together, how we behave towards others in local communities, and how we promote sustainable responsible development at a local level.
- We believe in a sustainable future, carbon offsetting, recycling and a greener living policy.
We are excited and passionate about offering life changing experiences to participants from abroad. Cooled by the ocean breezes, and nestled at the base of the majestic Table Mountain, we are based in one of the most beautiful cities in the world, Cape Town. Ama Africa Experiences offer well structured and inspiring culturally enriching experiences for young and old, individuals and groups without compromising on safety and quality. We realise that living and experiencing life in a third world country can sometimes prove to be a daunting prospect, which is the reason why all our programmes have pre-arranged projects and accommodation, as well as a comprehensive orientation included.
We have had many years of experience in the inbound youth and travel arena, and as social entrepreneurs hope to empower local communities, making a positive difference in the lives of local South Africans . We work closely with international partner organisations and are highly committed to taking care of all the arrangements so that every applicant can experience this amazing Country as more than just a tourist, Let us take care of you, while you experience more!
Ama Africa Experiences is committed to preserving the integrity and promoting environmentally responsible travel and to this end we suggest that you offset your carbon emissions from your flight to South Africa. You can use a carbon calculator to establish your footprint (the amount of CO2 your flight will emit) and you can then purchase offsets in an amount directly proportional to your emission, using an organisation such as Myclimate.