A tranquil haven in Somerset West, SomerZicht is an ideal destination for the discerning guest who appreciates privacy, style, comfort and unsurpassed hospitality. It has easy access to all major routes and is only 15 minutes from the centre of Stellenbosch. Take a look at www.somerzicht.com.
On our doorstep you can enjoy world famous vineyards and award winning restaurants, relaxing beaches and the natural beauty of the Western Cape, or play a round of golf on one of the many renowned golf courses in the area.
We offer two fully equipped Self Catering Suites and three luxury B&B rooms. Spacious and stylishly decorated to create a relaxing ambience with the focus on quality furnishings, extra length beds and modern bathroom fittings. All have private outdoor areas to fully enjoy the wonderful weather and balmy evenings.
The property has a large, leafy garden and sparkling pool. Secure parking on site, free WiFi and satellite television.
The two Self Catering Suites are ideal for longer stays and are serviced once per week. Kitchens are equipped with fridge/freezer, gas hob, microwave/convection oven and all utensils, cutlery and crockery. Choose either a King-sized or Twin beds.
TERRACE SUITE: located on the upper level. It features a private sun terrace with pool loungers and a large balcony with stunning views. The balcony is furnished with patio table and chairs and has a Weber barbeque. The suite offers a large open-plan area with bedroom and lounge, a separate kitchen and a separate bathroom with shower, basin and toilet.
POOL SUITE: located on the lower level near the pool. It has a sunny patio equipped with table and chairs as well as pool loungers. The suite has an open-plan lounge and kitchen area, a separate bedroom and en-suite bathroom with shower, basin and toilet. Guests are welcome to use the barbeque facility at the pool.
The three luxury B&B Rooms are situated in the main house and features extra length beds, a small fridge, coffee and tea making facility, satellite television, digital safe, hairdryer and free WiFi. The en-suite bathrooms have shower, basin and toilet. Rooms are serviced daily.
POND & TREE Rooms: situated at the front of the main house with private entrances off a timber deck, furnished with table and chairs. Beds can be configured as King-sized or Twin beds.
GARDEN room: located at the back of the main house with a private garden terrace. Entrance to this room is through the main house. The room is furnished with an extra-length queen-sized bed.
Somerset West offers a lively village atmosphere - away from the crowds and noise... But on our doorstep guests have a vast range of attractions to enjoy:
- Erinvale, Stellenbosch, Kleine Zalze, Somerset West and Strand Golf Courses are all within a 15 km radius.
- Historic and world famous wine estates such as Vergelegen, Lourensford, Morgenster and many more are within 10 minutes drive.
- The historic towns of Stellenbosch (15 km) and Franschhoek (35 km).
- The famous Stellenbosch Wine Route (10 km).
- Cape Town International Airport (30 km).
- Cape Town with its iconic landmarks such as Kirstenbosch, Table Mountain, Cape Point and Robben Island (45 km).
- A selection of excellent restaurants, shopping malls, craft and food markets (5 km).
- Helderberg Nature Reserve (3 km) - a favourite for picnics, walks and hikes.
- The white sandy beaches of Strand and Gordons Bay (8 km).
- Spectacular coastal drives and seasonal whale watching.